By joining the VAST collaboration you agree to adhere to the Code of Conduct below.
We are committed to making this collaboration productive and enjoyable for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, nationality or religion. We will not tolerate harassment of colleagues and students in any form.
To achieve this, VAST members must endeavour to work together in a cooperative way on scientific projects that fall within the scope of VAST. In particular all members must:
- Exercise their best professional and ethical judgement and carry out their duties and functions with integrity and objectivity;
- Act fairly and reasonably, and treat colleagues and students with respect, impartiality, courtesy and sensitivity;
- Avoid conflicts of interest;
- Adhere to the VAST membership and publication policies.
Please follow these guidelines in all your interactions (including online) within VAST:
- Behave professionally. Harassment and sexist, racist, or exclusionary comments or jokes are not appropriate. Harassment includes sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, sexual attention or innuendo, deliberate intimidation, stalking, and photography or recording of an individual without consent. It also includes offensive comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or religion.
- All communication should be appropriate for a professional audience including people of many different backgrounds. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate.
- Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other collaboration members.
- Participants asked to stop any inappropriate behaviour are expected to comply immediately. Members violating these rules may be asked to leave the collaboration at the discretion of the PIs.
Any participant who wishes to report a violation of this policy is asked to speak, in confidence, to Tara Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org) or David Kaplan (email@example.com).